Fairway Forward Sustainability Seminar
Date and time: 19 October 13.00-16.00
Place: Convendum, Kungsportsavenyn 21, 411 36 Gothenburg
Registration: Register before the 12th of October. The seminar is free of charge.
Welcome to the Fairway Forward seminar on 19 October 2023! Let´s take a look forward and see what the future of maritime operations looks like in the years to come. Fairway Forward, a collaboration between the Swedish and Finnish maritime clusters invites you to Gothenburg on 19 October 2023, from 1 pm. (Swedish time), to hear best practice cases from industry leaders and views on the future by experts.
13.00 Introduction and welcome – Anders Hermansson, CEO, Swedish Shipowners´ Association, and Tiina Tuurnala, CEO, Finnish Shipowners´Association
Best practice cases from Finland and Sweden
- Reduction in emissions and digitalisation – Kirsi Ylärinne, Operations & Environmental Director, ESL Shipping
- CO2 capture technology – Laura Langh-Lagerlöf , CEO, Langh Ship
- Latest port news from Finland on new energy – TBC
- Electricity in the harbour and at sea – what´s new? – Johan Wallén, Chief Commercial Officer, Port of Stockholm
- Sustainable and safe vessels for the future – Martin Landström, Director, Northern Offshore Services
- Hybrid tanker with wind assistance – Tryggve Möller, Shipowner/senior Adviser, Tärntank Ship Managment AB
Workshop – the future of sustainability – studies and innovations – hosted by Åsa Burman, Director, Lighthouse – Swedish Maritime Competence Center
About the workshop: Lighthouse is home of maritime research and innovation and for instance funds pre-studies. The goal of the workshop is to come up with actual suggestions for innovation and pre-studies, with the end goal of collaborative studies between Finland and Sweden.
Panel discussion: A new security landscape – how does it effect shipping and maritime transportation?
- Lauri Ojala, Professor, Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Erik Hånell, CEO Stena Bulk
- Kirsi Ylärinne, ESL Shipping
- Swedish Member of the Parliament (TBC)
16.00 The end
Fairway Forward is a collaboration project between the Finnish and Swedish maritime clusters. Established in the beginning of 2019, the aim of the collaboration is to share best practices and collaborate to reach environmental and climate goals in the maritime sector. Participating organizations in Fairway Forward are Swedish Shipowners´ Association, Swedish Ports, Finnish Shipowners´ Association, Finnish Marine Industries, and Finnish Ports’ Association, together with the Finnish Port Operators Association.