Fairway Forward seminar – best practice and think tank for green and smart shipping (FULLY BOOKED)
Date and time: 20 November, 12.00-16.30
Place: Oodi Helsinki Central Library, Maijansali Hall, Töölönlahdenkatu 4, 00100 Helsinki, Finland.
Registration: The event is fully booked, please e-mail Carolina Kihlström for the waiting list. The day is free of charge, but we need your registration no later than 1 November.
Fairway Forward, a new collaboration between the Finnish and Swedish maritime clusters, invites you to a day where we take steps forward towards green and smart shipping. The aim of the conference is to spread knowledge and best practice and foster collaboration within research and innovation between Finland and Sweden. The program will include best practice case examples from each country and a panel discussion with top industry leaders and politicians. Welcome to network with politicans, industry, academia and authorities!
Cases featured: Wallenius (Sweden), 2. Rauma Marine Constructions / Wasaline (Finland), 3.Forsea (Sweden), 4. Gävle port (Sweden), 5. Port of Helsinki (Finland), 6. One Sea (Finland).
There is a limited number of seats available, be sure to register!
13.00 Welcome and introduction
Chairs: Rikard Engström, Swedish Shipowners’ Association and Annaleena Mäkilä, Finnish Port Association
Keynote speech: Europe leading the way in sustainable and innovative maritime logistics – Speaker: Helena Tuuri, ambassador of the Baltic Sea
Fairway Forward – Best practice of both countries
1. Wallenius: Towards truly sustainable shipping (SWE) – Speaker: Per Tunell, Chief Operating Officer, Wallenius Marine
2. Rauma Marine Constructions and Wasaline: Building innovations in ferry technology (FI) – Speaker: Håkan Enlund, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing RMC
3. Forsea: Battery-powered ferries (SWE) – Speaker: Jens Ole Hansen, Chief Operating Officer, Forsea
4. Port of Helsinki: Creating a carbon neutral harbour (FI) – Speaker: Andreas Slotte, Head of Sustainable Development, Port of Helsinki
Networking Coffee Break
Best practice case presentations continue.
5. Gävle port: Port Activity App – How to make linesmen go lean and tugs tweet? (SWE) Speaker: Linda Astner, Manager Port Authority
6. One Sea: From collaboration to automation (FI) – Speaker: Sanna Sonninen, Pilotage Director, Finnpilot Pilotage Ltd
Towards green and smart shipping – let’s discuss digitalization and environmental innovations. Networking Think Tank and discussion in subgroups.
16.00 Maintaining the competitiveness of the European sea cluster
Panel discussion with politicians and industry. Moderator: Vesa Marttinen, Wärtsilä. Speakers: Christine Hanefalk, Ports of Sweden, Mikki Koskinen, ESL Shipping. Johan Büser, Member of Swedish Parliament, Mats Löfström, Member of the Finnish Parliament.
16.30 Thank you and see you again!